Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July



For the 4th of July weekend Callie and I went up with my brother and friends to Prescott to do some camping. For dinner we had hotdogs cooked over a fire. My first one was great, the second one became flawed when a large flying insect melted to my beefy frank mid fire.

What made the campout so enjoyable, besides having my wife there, was hearing Todd express his fears when it came to camping. "Do you think there are Mountain Lions out here? How many bugs do you think we will eat from sleeping outside? Where's the north star? Is that the north star?"

Fourth of July morning Kevin, Chuck, Todd and Trent went out bouldering, while Callie and I stayed at camp (Callie doesn't hike as we all know). As Callie and I headed into town on our way home, Prescott's streets were brimming with action from 4th of July festivities. Seeing all the action, I asked Callie if she wanted to stop and check things out. She was hesitant until she saw a booth selling fry bread.

Prescott had a county arts, food, and entertainment festival going on in their downtown. It was awesome trying lots of free samples, checking out all the dogs that were there and doing this all outside when back home we would have died. Callie looked for things to buy while I focused on the amusing sights and video recording.

We finished the afternoon by heading to the "World's Oldest Rodeo" where they had even more things to do, buy and eat. The rodeo was great, we bought cheap tickets and were originally sitting behind some 6 foot 8, 350 pound cowboy wannabe, but Callie and I just waited till things got started and then moved to the front where we had much better views. While watching the show we ate great, stuffing our faces with corndogs, kettle corn and fry bread. Check out the above video to see some of the fun for yourselves.

No comments: